Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Growing up Helen

What a little doll! Helen loves playing with stuffed toys,
and doing puzzles.

She has a knack for acquiring Elizabeth's things. Here is the pumpkin that Elizabeth picked out, but that Helen grew attached to. This causes problems many times, but I see that big sister Elizabeth is really learning to be good about sharing.

Helen loves animals, too. She was especially fond of the chickens at a friend's house, as you can see from the photo below.
She continues to grow way too quickly out of babyhood. She is starting to talk: so far being able to say "mama," "dada," "thank you," and "uh-oh." I think she said "grandma" this week, but I haven't heard that more than twice. I think she also says "bear" but it often just sounds like "ba" to me. And she's walking and climbing everywhere. She insists on feeding herself. And finally, she is interested in books. She will allow me to read her a short story now. Even Elizabeth tries reading to her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home